Affordable Homes for Sale
Annually, NeighborWorks Great Falls offers approximately ten homes for sale through Catalyst Commercial Real Estate. Most of the homes are newly constructed in the older parts of the city. Some are major renovations of older homes. Some homes are handicapped accessible.
Great Falls Area High School House Program
“I love what the high school house does for the kids, the community and the neighborhood. It keeps kids in school for graduation and puts them on a path to a good-paying job.” ~Instructor, high school building program
Renovations are carried out by experienced contractors and NWGF crews. Work depends on what is necessary to bring the home up to modern housing standards and may include new foundations, electrical, plumbing and heating system upgrades and other modernization work.
NWGF renovations offer the best of both worlds: an older home with historic character, but with updated features.
- First-time homebuyer, or not a homeowner in past three years, or head of household with dependents, or disabled member of family
- Below 80% median income
- Must complete Homebuyers Education Class only if using our services
- Must qualify for first mortgage
- Down-payment assistance and subsidy is available
- Deferred mortgages up to $50,000 for qualified first-time home buyers; require 29% of income be used for house payment (including principal, interest, insurance and real estate taxes)
- Contact your Realtor to submit a buy sell
- Contact your Lender to submit a completed loan package
- Complete and submit one-page narrative to the NeighborWorks selection committee (this narrative is designed to share one’s life story and why you are a good candidate for assistance from NeighborWorks)